$39.00 AUD – $187.20 AUD
or 4 fortnightly payments from $9.75 AUD with More info
A Relaxing and Sedating Effect for the Body and Mind!.
- HELPS support a sense of well being when the body is exhausted and overloaded
- SUPPORTS great sleep when you are needing it all night
- ALLOWS natural sleep and a feeling of freshness in the morning
- CALMS the senses of uneasiness
Here’s what’s in the natural sleep aid support:
Organic or Wild Harvested Ingredients: Valerian Root, Lobelia Herb and Seed, Passionflower Herb, Hops Flower, Black Cohosh Root, Blue Cohosh Root, Skullcap Herb, Wild Yam Root
Who Needs It?
It is estimated that up to 33 per cent of Americans suffer from insomnia.[i] So many of us are stressed out, have far too much on our plate, spend too much time in front of screens in the hours before bed, and have incredible difficulty winding down at night.
The problem is, most sleep aids such as medications have side effects. You can very easily develop dependencies on them and they can cause you to wake up feeling drowsy and unrested. Common sleeping pills can lead to the following side-effects:
- Daytime drowsiness
- Dry mouth
- Changes in appetite
- Sleep walking
Even Melatonin supplements have their problems even though it is considered a natural sleep aid as well. While melatonin is a natural hormone that our bodies secrete, taking it as a supplement long term can lead to problems such as headaches, irritability, dizziness, daytime drowsiness and even depression. These are side effects that aren’t too dissimilar to those of sleeping pills!
The solution, then, is to harness the power of plants to encourage a restful slumber.
Our Nerve Calm can be used by people of all ages—adults and children alike. Many of my customers who are students find it particularly useful when they have difficulty settling down the night before a big exam. Other customers are adults who just find it hard to switch off at night and get enough sleep to feel rested and ready to tackle the day ahead.
And the great news is that it works without the side effects of sleeping pills. It can be taken without developing a dependence on it; it will NOT leave you feeling sleepy and drowsy the next day, and you won’t end up sleep walking (or sleep eating!) around your house!
As well as being used as a sleep aid, it can be used in a lower dosage to calm anxiety, stress and tension.
How it works:
- VALERIAN: is renowned for its sedative powers. In fact, it has been used for this purpose for over 1,800 years, when Greek physicians used it as a remedy for sleep disorders. It has also been used throughout history for nervous problems. Several double blind placebo studies have demonstrated that using this herb can lower the amount of time it takes people to fall asleep.[ii]
- LOBELIA: has been used as a muscle relaxant, and has been used to relieve tension in the body. This can help to ensure a more refreshing sleep.
- PASSIONFLOWER: is another herb with calming and sedative properties, as well as being a muscle relaxant. It has been used for years to give a refreshing sleep and calm anxiety. Since passionflower is a muscle relaxant, it calms tension and spasms in the muscles. This helps to calm nerves and decrease levels of pain, anxiety, tension and other physical pain that occurs as a result of stress. Passionflower calms the sympathetic nervous system, improving blood circulation and nutrition to the nerves. It is considered a mild, non-addictive sedative herb.
- HOPS: is another herb which has been used for hundreds of years as a sedative to assist with sleeplessness and nervous conditions. In fact, in times gone by, herbalists gave their patients pillows stuffed with dried hops to help both these conditions. It is also thought to reduce bodily inflammation.
- BLACK COHOSH: was used by the native Americans for a range of health problems, particularly those affecting women. Another use for it is as an antispasmodic and nervine herb; it is said to help lower blood pressure and to help calm and relax the body in preparation for a good night’s sleep.
- BLUE COHOSH: works in a similar manner to Blue Cohosh, as a nervine and antispasmodic to promote restful sleep.
- SKULLCAP: is a tranquilising herb, in a similar way to Valerian. It has been used to promote a healthy nervous system and manage stress, anxiety, tension and insomnia.
- WILD YAM: has been used to relieve irritations and nervous conditions in the body. It is said to calm and relax tense muscles and reduce bodily inflammation.
How to Take it:
Suggested dose: take 60 drops (2 droppers-full) in 60ml of water 2-4 times a day, or shortly before going to sleep. You may increase up to 8 droppersful if you are really having a hard time sleeping.
Do not take this formula if pregnant or lactating due to the presence of black and blue cohosh.
[i] Lack, Miller, & Turner, 1988; Bartlett, Marshall, Williams , & Grunstein, 2007
Hi Steve & staff, thank you for sending my order promptly.
Will be putting in another one shortly for my daughter.
Warm regards, Cynthia Watt